Three Year Goals
Goal A: Economic Vitality – Stable local businesses and investment in entrepreneurs.
- Support sustainability and successful business succession.
- Invest in business opportunities for young adults and encore entrepreneurs, especially in trades occupations that are needed in the region.
- Increase access to high-speed broadband services. Complete Phase 1 assessment and secure funding for Phase 2.
- Expand recreational infrastructure to support a four-season tourism market especially in support of existing businesses.
Goal B: Workforce Development – an educated, reliable workforce for local businesses.
- Continue to invest in East Grand School and its graduates.
- Create incentives and internship opportunities for young adults to be a part of the economic and community development activities across the region.
- Partner with local non-profit service organizations to develop workforce development services in order to establish an increased pool of candidates for local jobs.
Goal C: Vibrant Communities – attract visitors, welcome newcomers, support residents.
- Identify and seek investment for community designated projects in Amity, Bancroft, Brookton, Codyville, Danforth, Drew, Forest City, Glenwood, Haynesville, Orient, Reed, Topsfield and Weston.
- Complete a study on current and future housing needs across the region in collaboration with town leaders.
- Coordinate economic development priorities and destination marketing efforts with the Town of Danforth’s development plans.
- Develop a sustainable volunteer network as current community leadership retires.