In 2030, the Greater East Grand Region is an economically stable, unified constellation of remote, rural, welcoming communities that collaborate to attract and retain people of all ages to live, work, visit and play.
GEGR Economic Initiative Purpose:
The GEGR Economic Initiative will promote actions to unify people, communities and organization to work together to support each other’s needs, efforts and successes across the region. We believe that engaged residents inspired by a collaborative and coordinated economic development plan can turn the regional assets into opportunities.
Our Success Looks Like:
- A sustainable, collaborative and trustworthy intermediary organization guides and coordinates economic development by supporting entrepreneurship, business succession and workforce development.
- Investment and peer-to-peer support for existing businesses, entrepreneurs and people have increased new business and employment opportunities.
- Four-season recreational tourism is a positive economic driver and supporter of existing businesses.
- Youth are involved in community, public service, stewardship and volunteer leadership roles.
- Young adults have chosen to remain or return “home” because of the region’s positive support and opportunities.
- New families have moved to the region because of the excellent education, welcoming community and job opportunities.
- Elders are able to successfully “thrive in place.”