Workforce & Volunteer Development
A reliable workforce for local businesses and community agencies.
THREE YEAR PRIORITIES
1. Continue to invest in East Grand School and its students.
• Sustain workforce development and career prep programs/ELO at EGS after grant funding ends. • Increase frequent communications about EGS’s strategies with the community at large. • Support funding for internship opportunities for teens and young adults in the region.
2. Explore workforce development projects connected to the forest industry.
Support a collaboration between the Professional Loggers Association and the Extended Learning Opportunities program at East Grand School.
3. Expand Workplace Recovery programs to bring non-working adults successfully into the workforce.
Initiate a community discussion about substance use disorder prevention and recovery programs.
4. Provide resources to train and build volunteer resources for organizations that serve the region.
Conduct as assessment of local organizations volunteer needs.