WORKFORCE & YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
THREE YEAR PRIORITIES
1. Continue to invest in East Grand School and its students.
• Coordinate priorities with the Portrait of a Graduate Project. • Continue to invest in the Natural Resources Pathway and project learning strategies. • Identify program funding needs for the next three years.
2. Create incentives and opportunities for young adults to be a part of the economic and community development planning and activities across the region.
• Coordinate priorities with the Portrait of a Graduate Project. • Invite student and young adult participation on all economic development planning task forces. Identify specific projects related to Goal A for student participation. • Continue to build on volunteer activities through CORE and the EGS Outdoor Education curriculum. • Grow internship opportunities for students in the region. • Identify program funding needs for the next three years.
3. Partner with local non-profit service organizations to develop workforce development services for marginalized individuals.
• Coordinate priorities with East Grand Health Center and other social agencies supporting marginalized residents. • Build on existing services, invite collaboration with Community Caring Collaborative and other agencies to develop long-term strategies to mitigate poverty, trauma and addiction in the region. • Seek funding for a pilot project with East Grand Health Center, East Grand School, Maine Family Resource and local businesses to increase employee retention and support long-term employment.